Flexible Sigmoidoscopy WITHOUT Sedation
About Flexible Sigmoidoscopy:
A flex-sig is a procedure your doctor will perform to examine the lining of your sigmoid (first section of the large intestine). The doctor will insert a flexible tube into the rectum and through the sigmoid, looking for abnormalities. Following the procedure, you may have some abdominal cramping, however you will be able to perform your usual activities.
What to bring and do prior to the procedure:
- Please bring your Photo ID and Insurance Card.
- Please bring a list of your current medications (including non-prescription) and allergies.
- You should plan on being at our facility for at least 2 hours.
- Read prep instructions THOROUGHLY.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you MUST do so 3 business days prior to your appointment date or a cancellation fee may be assessed.
When you arrive at our facility please check in using the white phone located in the lobby.
(The receptionist is unable to check you in)
- Boulder - located to your left as you walk through the second automatic door, next to the door with a stop sign.
- Lafayette - located to the right of the receptionist’s desk.
- Lakewood- located to the left of the door in the endoscopy waiting room.
- Longmont - located on a small table on the east side of partition in the lobby.