July 2021 Newsletter
Happy July! As summer heats up I hope everyone can find some time to be with family and friends this July 4th as we celebrate Independence Day.
As we all know from our civics/history classes, the tradition of Independence Day celebration dates back to the 18th century and the American Revolution. On July 4th, 1776, the Continental Congress formally adopted the Declaration of Independence which declared US independence of rule by Great Britain. This commitment by our country’s forefathers required clarity of vision and alignment by all colonial representation within the Continental Congress and put this nation on a course to greatness. A course that has not been nor will be linear in its ascent.
While Gastroenterology of the Rockies is not a nation, we do share a common vision and a common set of values that are critical to our growth and commitment to service excellence. Like the Continental Congress in 1776, if we understand this vision and all feel empowered by our contributions to this mission, we too can achieve greatness.
Our unwavering mission is to advance digestive health and quality of life for our patients. All of you play a role and have some collective responsibility in assuring we are moving in this direction. Underpinning this mission are five strategic objectives that we all aim to achieve:
- Best in Class Care (measured by clinical outcomes)
- Improve Patient Access (measured by convenient appointment times, convenient locations, and low wait times)
- Operational Excellence (measured by well-trained colleagues & efficient workflows)
- Drive Demand for GRock (measured by patient experience scores and personal connection with patients)
- Service Excellence (measured by mutual respect, responsiveness to questions, freedom from blame, honesty, respect for scientific evidence).
Like our country’s ascent to nationhood, our quest for executing on our mission and values will not be linear, however, together we all contribute to our pursuit of excellence.
Chief Executive Officer
Gastroenterology of the Rockies