Gastroenterology of the Rockies is very excited to announce that Dr. Joshua Steinberg will be joining the practice on July 19th, 2021. Joshua is on of four new doctors to join the practice over the last couple months.
Dr. Steinberg is a board-certified Gastroenterologist and subspecialist expert with advanced training from the University of Chicago, a powerhouse and center of excellence in the diagnosis and treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), including Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis.
Dr. Steinberg was born and raised in Miami, Florida and graduated with a degree in Integrative Biology from the University of Florida. He then graduated cum laude with distinction in Bioethics from St. George’s University School of Medicine, receiving his clinical training from key academic teaching hospitals in the New York Presbyterian-Cornell and Mount Sinai health systems.
Upon graduation from medical school, Dr. Steinberg completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, D.C. He subsequently participated in a public health and health policy program through Georgetown University, and was selected into a unique rotation at the National Institute of Health (NIH), where he trained under Dr. Anthony Fauci. Dr. Steinberg stayed on at Georgetown to complete his fellowship in Gastroenterology & Hepatology. He was then recruited into the University of Chicago Advanced IBD Fellowship program, under the tremendous mentorship of Dr. David Rubin and Dr. Russell Cohen, two internationally renowned thought leaders in the field.
Dr. Steinberg has published extensively on IBD in the medical literature, has been a presenter and invited speaker at many national and international conferences, and has collaborated extensively with the International Organization for the Study of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IOIBD). He has been a peer reviewer for the Crohn’s and Colitis 360 IBD journal. He is an active member of the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation, American College of Gastroenterology (ACG), American Gastroenterological Association, and the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Dr. Steinberg has received multiple MedStar SPIRIT awards, that honor high quality and compassionate caregivers for their service. He has also worked in medical journalism at the ABC News Medical Unit in New York, contributing to medical news stories that appeared on Good Morning America, broadcast news, and online. Dr. Steinberg was recently appointed as one of the ACG’s Young Physician Leadership Scholars for 2020-2021.
Dr. Steinberg is a fierce advocate for his patients who suffer from Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis and has a robust and active following on social media (Twitter: @joshsteinbergMD) where he provides IBD medical education to trainees and offers patient support. He uses an individualized, comprehensive approach in the care of his IBD patients, incorporating the latest breakthroughs in diagnostic and medical therapies with diet and nutrition, as well as prioritizing mental health and wellness.
Dr. Steinberg sees patients at Gastroenterology of the Rockies Broomfield and Northglenn offices, and is on the Medical Staff at Boulder Community Health, Good Samaritan Medical Center, Lutheran Medical Center, and St. Joseph’s Hospital.
• St. George’s University School of Medicine - graduated cum laude with distinction in Bioethics
• Clinical training from the New York Presbyterian-Cornell and Mount Sinai health systems
• Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D.C. - Internal Medicine
• Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D.C. - Gastroenterology & Hepatology
• University of Chicago Advanced IBD Fellowship program - Dr. David Rubin and Dr. Russell Cohen
• University of Chicago advanced training in Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), including Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis.
Memberships & Affiliations:
• Crohn’s and Colitis 360 IBD journal
• Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation
• American College of Gastroenterology (ACG)
• American Gastroenterological Association
• American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Primary Practice Locations:
• Boulder Community Health
• SCL Health Good Samaritan Medical Center
• SCL Health Lutheran Medical Center
• SCL Health St. Joseph’s Hospital